Monday, May 26, 2008

Trip to the ER

Ben's big brother Sam caused our family (and our entire street) some excitement when he rode his bike into the neighbor's mailbox one beautiful evening last week. All the kids on the street were outside playing and I was carrying Ben in the front pack when my daughters came running and screaming that Sam had fallen off his bike and there was blood "everywhere!" As Ben and I made our way to the end of the court, I found that they had not been exaggerating. He had split his lip and up through his cheek. Luckily, one of our neighbors is a dentist and was able to determine that all his teeth were OK (a true miracle). My mom came over to watch the other kids while I drove Sam to the ER and his dad met us there. We spent the next several hours waiting for the plastic surgeon to come. When he finally arrived, he gave Sam 14 stitches in his face and lip! The highlight for Sam was staying up until midnight. He was such a brave boy and we were so proud of him. He goes to get his stitches out in a few days and hopefully he will continue to heal nicely. We give thanks to God that our boy is OK and that it was nothing more serious.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I'm glad Ben's big brother is okay! As a mother of three boys, we made many trips to the ER for "accidents" like that! Our third son once ran into a neighbor's mailbox flicking a bug off his shirt! The ER knew me on a first name basis. One thing to note. . . head wounds bleed alot - and look worse than they really do! I love reading about your family!

Take care, Laurie

Drew's Mom said...

WOW! I guess with five kids the adventures are probably endless :) Glad to hear that everyone is OK!