
Fourteen years ago today, I walked down an aisle, joined you at the front of an altar, and began a new life. Fresh out of college, more than one person said we were too young, but I knew in my heart exactly what I was doing. Eleven years ago this week, you were awaken early on the first morning after finishing the bar exam, to the sight of a positive pregnancy test and a stunned wife, and so began a new journey together to parenthood and the building of our family. Five children and many pregnancy tests later, I can say you have deepened and enriched my life beyond anything I could have foreseen that day. You have kept every promise you made to me back in Blacksburg and then some.
We have three daughters who adore you, who are establishing self-worth

through their experience of your love and attention; and now, not one but
two sons who worship you and are learning to be good and righteous men by your example. You are teaching both your daughters and your sons how to cook, how to garden, how to camp, and how to throw a punch.
Your are this family's captain and our compass. When life has surprised us as it has this year, it has been you who has righted our ship and set us on a new course. You are our provider and our protector, my champion and my rock.

Of all the decisions I will make in my life, I am certain that the greatest will be blessing my children with you for a father. I love you.
Happy Anniversary.
1 comment:
How sweet!
Happy Anniversary.
Post a Comment