Dear Mommy,
This birthday present comes to you late,
But to get the right gift, I just had to wait.
Together we shared a most wonderful year
Filled with wonder and joy and you always near.
Always together, almost never apart
Nursing and sleeping close to your heart.
Days and nights you had little rest,
(But Mom, sleeping with you is really the best)!
In silence I grew, no sounds did I hear
But in your loving arms, I never felt fear.
Instead every day I learned something new
From you and Dad, and all the kids, too.
You and Dad, Abby, Sam, Grace and Ella
What a great family for this little fella!
While you struggled with work that never got done
You filled my days with laughter and fun.
And after months of research to learn what was new
You decided on therapy .... and implants, too.
So thank you mom for all you have done
And for helping me hear before I was one.
Your loving son,
Ben
3 comments:
How sweet! Someday he will say it to you too... made me cry!
Okay ... I went from Drew's "weeenah" story to this and now I have tears! That was absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
PS - Aiden still does not sleep through the night either! He's up at least twice for a bottle and with the second one, he has to stay in bed with me or he freaks! My older two slept through the night from 8 weeks on!
I have been following your blog because our daughter Priya was born with profound loss and had her first implant in October and second in December. She is now 14 months. It has been so helpful to relate to a family who is going through the same thing.
Post a Comment